Future Medical Student Essay Competition
Writing is an important part of medicine and doctors are entrusted with writing in patient notes, writing to colleagues and writing in medical journals to disseminate work.
Get Me Into Medical School organise an annual international essay competition for anyone applying to medical school anywhere in the world.
Title: What has been the most important medical advancement in the last 100 years?
Word Count: 500 Words
Entry Submission Deadline: 1st June 2014
Submitted to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Winner Announced: 1st July 2014
GMIMS invite submissions of 500 words only using the title:
What has been the Most Important Medical
Advancement in the Last 100 Years?
Entries of no more than 500 words should be emailed to:
email@example.com no later than 1st June 2014.
Please use the subject heading 'Essay Prize' in your email and include your full name, school and school year when submitting your entry.
- The Prize is open anyone applying to medical school.
- Only entries that are submitted via email, in word format to the published email address will be accepted. Submissions made in PDF format will not be accepted.
- Entries must be no longer than 500 words.
- Entries should be submitted in Arial size 12 font, excluding title.
- The word limit does not include the published title/question or references
- References should be presented as footnotes and endnotes
- Entries will be judged by a panel of junior doctors and consultants
- The winning essay will be published on the GMIMS website and will receive the Future Medical Student Essay Prize Certificate
Entries will be judged on the following attributes:
- Evidence of a thorough understanding of the subject area
- A clear, concise and well presented answer to the question posed by the essay title
- Relevance to medical training and/or technique
- Style of writing
- Content / understanding